The 25th Annual Galaxy of Stars was a great success with more than 400 in attendance and $300,000 raised to support programs for people with disabilities.
Held at the Georgia Aquarium on Friday, April 28, 2023, the event brought together corporate leaders, community supporters, and friends to honor the impact of Tommy Nobis Center’s programs and celebrate its participants and award winners. This year’s theme was “Celebrating Resilience & Hope.”
Tommy Nobis Center presented four awards to recognize the hard work and dedication of outstanding individuals who have contributed greatly to building inclusive communities where employment success is possible. The award winners included:
- Tommy Nobis Rising Star Award – Presented to Pamela Martinez, a Tommy Nobis Center employee at HUD in Denver, CO.
- Community Champion Award – Presented to Roger Brathwaite, a disability champion and accessibility leader who is currently the ServiceNow Accessibility Program Manager at Accenture.
- Family Member Advocate Award – Presented to Manya Parker, the parent of a daughter with autism.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to Doug Hertz, Chairman and CEO of United Distributors, Inc.
We are incredibly thankful for the support of our generous donors who help us create a supportive community where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to work. A few of our major sponsors from this event and throughout the years include:
- Cobb EMC Foundation
- Miller Family Foundation and Rachel & Ben Miller
- Atlanta Falcons
- Georgia Power
- Publix Super Market Charities