Nobis Works strives to find meaningful employment for individuals with physical disabilities. Whether they have suffered an injury on a previous job or were born with a physical disability, we can find a job that is right for them.
Types of Physical Disabilities
Having a physical disability can mean several different things, from paralysis to missing a limb. Physical impairments can be challenging for an individual to overcome, but with the help of Nobis Works everyone with a physical disability can feel confident and comfortable in a job setting that values them. Below is a list of the most common physical disabilities:
- Cerebral palsy – impairment of muscle coordination (spastic paralysis) and/or other disabilities, typically caused by damage to the brain before or at birth
- Hemiplegia – paralysis effecting one side of the body
- Loss of limb – amputation of an extremity that impacts physical functioning.
- Multiple sclerosis – disease that involves damage to the sheaths of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord.
- Paraplegic – paralysis of the legs and lower extremities.
- Quadriplegia – paralysis of the upper and lower extremities.
- Other health impairments that impact physical functioning such as seizure disorder, rheumatism and respiratory conditions.
Individuals with physical disabilities face several challenges within their everyday lives that they must overcome, whether it be socially, emotionally, or physically. Dealing with these challenges can be hard to overcome every day, especially when looking for employment.
Nobis Works can help individuals with physical disabilities find jobs that are right for them. Our qualified rehabilitation team at Nobis Works focus on what an individual can do rather what they cannot do. Nobis Works will work with individuals to assist them in determining their strengths and matching them with jobs that would be enjoyable, meaningful and where they could excel.
Services Provided by Individuals with Physical Disabilities
Our program participants are passionate about their jobs and the customers they serve. Individuals with physical disabilities can fulfill a variety of job tasks in numerous work environments. Nobis Works provides a variety of services such as vocational assessments, skills training, job readiness training, placement and coaching.
Get Started with Nobis Works Today
A physical impairment doesn’t have to hold you back any longer, get started by identifying the job that is right for you with Nobis Works. Contact us today at (770) 427-9000 or contact us online.